Artwork Design & Delivery apprenticeships
Ever wondered who designs the artwork for the tubes of Sensodyne toothpaste or alters the logo for Aquafresh? If so, you might be interested in our Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship.
At our Barnard Castle site, we manage the artwork for our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses. Apprentices are key in helping us to produce and deliver the artwork for our leaflets, packaging and labels.
What does the Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship involve?
You will be providing the technical specifications and drawings for our leaflets, cartons and labels. Then there is proof reading, to make sure everything is quality checked and giving the patients the correct information they need.
You will also learn about packaging materials, print processes and equipment as well as training in roles such as Artwork Operator, CAD Operator, Artwork Supply Planner and Proof Reader in this specialist field.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Providing technical specifications for drawings
- Planning and supplying artwork for global packaging
- Proof reading and quality checking leaflets and labels
- Some creative design work and graphic elements
- Communicating with clients from all around the world.
- Contributing to the product packaging and advertising for market leading brands.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our multi-skilled advanced apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to train as a CAD operator, an Artwork Operator, a Proof Reader or an Artwork Planner while gaining valuable, paid work experience.
This three-year programme provides you with:
- An Advanced Apprenticeship.
- An NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Other industry standard qualifications.
- Hands-on experience of the whole packaging artwork process.
- An opportunity to work for one of the largest science-led healthcare companies in the world.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs 9-5/A*-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language (not Literature)
Where will I be based?
Our Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship runs for three years at our Barnard Castle site.
What our apprentices say about the Design and Artwork apprenticeship...
“The learning curve I have experienced since I joined the company has been the best part of my apprenticeship at GSK so far. I have expanded my personal portfolio with a wide range of different qualifications that the company has put me through while at the same time gaining valuable industry knowledge and experience”.
“My biggest challenge has been moving with GSK to work in Verona, Italy for a long period of time. The experiences gained from the change in language, culture and working environment have all helped me to become a more able employee to the company”.
“I feel like my apprenticeship has given me the skills and confidence to have a successful career with GSK. Not only am I learning the different areas of business but I’m earning a competitive wage and having fun along the way."
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How can I apply?
Applications for 2018 are now closed.
You can register your interest for 2019.