If you have a passion for business, building relationships and ambition to achieve a professional qualification, our apprenticeship is a great entry point for a successful career in finance.
Our finance organisation is key to ensuring that we operate in the most cost-effective way possible, to deliver maximum value to our patients, customers and shareholders. We provide critical insight and analysis and help to drive decision making and achievement of our strategic goals.
As a finance apprentice, you will gain a broad understanding of how our global business operates, particularly from a financial management perspective. Your level 4, Advanced apprenticeship will combine hands-on experience and the development of transferrable business skills with the globally recognised CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Certificate in Business Accounting.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with hands-on experience together with the opportunity to develop transferrable business skills while working towards the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) level 4 Professional Accounting/Tax Technician certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
You may also be offered a permanent role and the opportunity to complete further fully sponsored study to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant after your apprenticeship, the equivalent of a Masters degree.
What does a Finance apprenticeship involve?
You will do two different 12-month rotations, working in one of our finance teams with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development. Your duties might include:
- Assisting with financial processes, support period end close duties.
- Dealing with internal or external customer queries.
- Identifying and resolving issues using agreed processes or escalating as appropriate.
- Reviewing accounting documents, producing routine reports and summaries for management as required.
Do I have the skills?
You do not need any prior finance experience. We’re looking for good communicators who enjoy working with people.
To be eligible for our finance apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent, including Maths and English language both at grade B
- must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 120 UCAS points from top three A-levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies (300 UCAS points in the previous system)
Where will I be based?
The programme runs for two years, with rotations in our West London offices: Stockley Park (Uxbridge, UK) and GSK House (Brentford, UK).
When can I start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How can I apply?
Applications for 2018 are now closed.
You can register your interest for 2019.