Digital and technology degree apprenticeship
Our digital and technology degree apprenticeship programme provides you with the opportunity to work with and gain an in-depth understanding of world-leading technologies used throughout GSK. We use technology as part of our strategic journey to deliver life enhancing healthcare that enables people to do more, feel better and live longer. The role of IT is key to ensuring business success, allowing us to make a difference to the lives of our patients.
As a Digital and Technology degree apprentice, you will play a key role defining, designing, developing and maintaining the IT systems upon which our business depends.
What does a digital and technology degree apprenticeship involve?
We offer digital and technology degree apprenticeships in an R&D setting – either in our IT function or in Product Development and Supply. This apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a number of areas. These might include:
- Analysing business processes
- Present ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Developing user requirements
- Testing applications in controlled, real situations before going live
- Developing and delivering training for users
- Overseeing system change controls
- Supporting internal audits and external regulatory inspections
- Produce detailed system specifications
- Write new software code and build applications
- Prepare training manuals for users
- Maintain the systems once they are up and running.
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
You will be working in the Core Business learning from industry experts, while studying for a Bachelors degree in the IT Management and Business area whilst earning a competitive salary.
Your personal skills such as problem solving, team working, influencing, building relations will all be developed as you launch your career with an industry leader.
We’re looking for proactive, flexible and motivated people to join us in our IT team. You will need to be a strong communicator, be team orientated, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and develop.
To be eligible for our digital and technology degree apprenticeship programme, you:
- must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at A*-C grade including English language (not literature) and Maths, and an A*-C grade in a Science subject.
- must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 320 UCAS (2016 tariff) or 128 UCAS (2017 tariff) points from your top 3 A-Levels or equivalent, which must include a Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Engineering or Computer Science.
Where will I be based?
Our Digital and Technology degree apprenticeships run for four years at either our Stevenage or Ware sites. The apprenticeships based at Ware will also spend time at our Harlow site.
How can I apply?
Applications are not yet open for our 2019 opportunities.
GSK is focused on creating an inclusive organisation where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. We aim to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures regardless of actual or perceived race, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, physical ability/ disability.