Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – Manufacturing Data Science
Do you love maths? Well our Data Scientist apprenticeship could be for you!
As a data science apprentice you will develop skills that are key to maximising the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical processes. We’ve been investing millions of pounds in state of the art pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment. The amount of data these machines are capable of collecting needs organising, studying and insights drawn and recommendations made to enable us to improve our manufacturing performance. And our data science apprentice has a key role to play in this!
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. The apprenticeship is 4 years long and you’ll be working towards a degree (BSc) in Data Science.
Working with both your line and programme manager, we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You will work across the site combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role will involve:
- Working across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of issues
- Learning about and using a range of analytical tools to undertake different types of analyses
- Collecting managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data
- Conducting a range of analytical studies on that data.
- Developing a good understanding of data structures and database systems
You’ll be excited by the thought of working collaboratively with colleagues from manufacturing, technical, laboratory, validation, engineering, logistics and planning – and using your expertise in maths to help our patients and consumer do more, feel better and live longer!
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Manufacturing Data Scientist apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, four of which should be at grade 5 or higher and include Maths and Science. Grade 4 or higher for English Language (not literature).
- to have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A’levels including Maths
Where will you be based?
At our Ware manufacturing site.
What our apprentices say about the apprenticeship...
“I love that my work supports not only improvements to GSK processes but also clinical trials. I have been here less than a year and I am already working with other teams, providing data and insights that help our processes to be even better”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications are now open.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at: email@example.com or call 01635 279808 (+44 1635 279808 outside of UK)