Our Sales Executive Higher Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in ownership, territory management and delivery of key therapeutic brand messages in support of our business strategy.
The successful delivery of brand key messages is a critical part of helping our Consumer Healthcare business to grow and meet both patients and customers’ needs. As a Sales Executive apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the skills and knowledge involved in negotiating and earning behaviour change.
What does a Sales Executive apprenticeship involve?
You will be part of a team which is responsible for driving average weekly recommendations through Health Care Professionals across the UK. You will develop well rounded skills and capabilities to support all aspects of business to business Sales management from detailing to territory management.
Day to day activities can include:
- High level of independence, organising your day activities and driving to dental practices to have face to face conversations
- Holding interactive facilitation learning sessions with dental practice staff
- Reviewing your territory to understand contacts with high potential
- Working within a team of 8 to drive results regionally & a large national team, attending conferences every 3 months
- Speaking on the phone with your manager and team mates to discuss opportunities
- Learning about the unique benefits of therapeutic Oral Care products
- Understanding the commercial & healthcare environment in the UK
- Leading and supporting as well as training and coaching other people.
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The Sales Executive higher apprenticeship is a 12 month programme field based, which means you will work on a territory within the UK. You will study towards a Level 4 qualification.
The qualification includes competency based coursework in the form of a learning journal. For this you will be supported by a dedicated line manager with specialism in the business to business sales environment and a qualified assessor from the training provider. You will attend workshops and webinars as well as completing online learning to build the skills and knowledge you will need throughout your apprenticeship, as well as your future career.
During the apprenticeship you will gain the knowledge, skills and experience of all stages of business to business sales including negotiation, selling and presentation skills.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our business to business sales higher apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A full drivers licence
- Must achieve a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A* - C or 9 – 5 including English language (not literature) and Maths.
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points from your A levels or equivalent*
*this is subject to change ahead of opening
Where would I be based?
This apprenticeship is field based which means you would be based in the UK in one of the regional teams.
The field based role will require you to drive to dental practices on your designated area therefore you will receive a company car for the duration of the role.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our Apprenticeships start in August/September 2018.
How can I apply?
The application process will begin again in November 2017 for 2018 starters.
GSK is focused on creating an inclusive organisation where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. We aim to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures regardless of actual or perceived race, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, physical ability/disability.