R&D postdoctoral global training programme
GSK is building a global coordinated post-doc program focused on areas of novel, high risk early stage drug discovery within R&D therapeutic area units and platform technology groups.
What's GSK R&D Postdoctoral programme all about?
You will be part of a multi functional drug research and development organisation working on high risk, cutting edge science, focussed on resolving critical R&D challenges. You will have unrivalled experience of both academic and industry settings, exposure to industry leading research, high levels of innovation, and creativity, and also develop the ability to work in an international scientific environment
As a post-doc you can expect to be working on the critical R&D challenges in the pre-competitive space providing the opportunity for publications in high-impact journals and presentation opportunities while rounding out your training with a deeper understanding of translation of drug discovery & development to medicines of value for patients.
What will the programme be like & what will I learn?
Many of our post-docs are also partnered with top universities or scientific institutions providing a truly open access model to training and the opportunity for co-mentorship. GSK is committed to providing each post doc with a mentor who will be focused on providing a comprehensive training programme and are expected to nurture skills that will enable post docs to become independent scientific investigator
At the start of your post-doc, you’ll work with your supervisor to further a programme of research with mutually agreed timelines, milestones, objectives, accountability, and duration (up to 3 years). During this time you will have access to GSK’s extensive R&D engine including our: tools, technologies, libraries, samples, people, knowledge base, R&D events, and post-doc community events.
Do I have the skills?
We‘re looking for exceptional PhD scientists with strategic decision-making skills. Proven scientific and theoretical capability, together with high levels of innovation, creativity, and the ability to solve complex problems are required.
- An enthusiasm for demonstrating the following GSK expectations:
- Set direction & inspire: Ensuring your work supports your team’s goals and the organisational priorities and applying sound judgement in all that you do
- Work across boundaries: Building trusting relationships within and beyond your team to achieve goals and contribute to the success of GSK
- Release energy: Engaging constructively with others and demonstrating a positive mindset
- Develop capabilities: Equipping yourself with the skills and knowledge to do great work, now and in the future, and supporting others to do the same
- Drive performance: Holding yourself and others accountable for delivering quality results
- Live our values; Acting as a role model, ensuring everything you do is in line with our values, serving patients and consumers
When can I start?
Post-doc positions will be available throughout the year specific to each project.
How can I apply?
Below is a sample of opportunities currently being offered by this programme but projects will be available on a rolling basis
Candidates should apply via the links below
|HIV||RTP, NC, USA||Bridge high-risk areas of HIV translational research (eg, HIV viral reservoir and Cure)||Coming soon|
|Stress & Repair||Upper Merion, PA, USA||Impact of environmental toxicants on mitochondrial biology and disease progression||Apply now|
|Sepsis||RTP, NC, USA||Therapeutic options for Sepsis||Apply now|
|Computational Science||Upper Merion, PA, USA||Lung Microbiome Computational Science||Position filled|
|Computational Science||Upper Merion, PA, USA||Metabolic Microbiome Computational l Science||Position filled|
|Biopharm||Upper Merion, PA, USA||Monoclonal media development - Mammalian Cell Culture and Cellular Physiology||Apply now|