Walthamstow Locality Group and GlaxoSmithKline Joint Working Project
Improving Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Care in Primary Care by Reducing Health Inequalities
Walthamstow Locality Group and GSK are working jointly to improve COPD Healthcare in Waltham Forest. The aim is to reduce health inequalities across the Walthamstow Locality by raising the standard of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) management in primary care from Quality Outcome Framework (QOF) to National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) standard of care.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from September 2009 until December 2010.
It is designed to:
- Improve and standardise the management of patients with COPD across the group.
- Increase the chance that patients with COPD will be diagnosed earlier.
- Potentially reduced exacerbations and improved quality-of-life.
- Provide localised care closer to home via the intermediary centre.
- Improved access to and number of referrals to the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Centre.
- Improve patients understanding of their condition and the need to actively manage their COPD.
- Improved quality of smoking cessation advice.
- An integrated approach to the deployment of the end of life pathway team.
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
HCM/BRD/09/43903/1(2) Archived 2015.