Coventry PCT and GSK Joint Working project declaration (COPD)
Coventry Primary Care Trust and GlaxoSmithKline are engaged in a Joint Working Project to improve Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) healthcare in Coventry across two Commissioning Groups (In Spire and Godiva).
Both Parties have committed resources to support this project which will run from September 2011 to September 2012.
The purpose of the Joint Working Project is to ensure a proactive approach to the management of patients with COPD across the PCT. It is designed to support:
- The promotion of prevention and earlier diagnosis of COPD
- Correct diagnosis of COPD
- Prevention of COPD exacerbations through increased patient review and appropriate use of medications in line with NICE guidance.
- Improving the quality of COPD referrals to secondary care and the community team
- Equity of service delivery across all practices in the PCT through the education of Healthcare professionals
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/RESP/0215c/11(1) Archived 2015.