Liverpool Community Health Medicine Management COPD Project Team and GSK
Joint Working Declaration
Liverpool Community Health Medicine Management COPD Project Team and GlaxoSmithKline UK Ltd are engaged in joint working to enhance the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to a standard of care defined by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence).
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from September 2011 – February 2012
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within Liverpool Matchworks and South Central PBC groups.
It is designed to support:
- Improved quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within Liverpool
- Correct diagnosis of COPD
- Prevention of COPD exacerbations through increased patient review and optimisation of medications in line with the NICE COPD guideline 2010 and North Mersey COPD QIPP Guidelines.
- Improved prescribing of licensed medications in COPD in line with NICE COPD guideline 2010 and North Mersey COPD QIPP Guidelines.
- Improve the appropriateness of COPD referrals to secondary care.
- Improvement of COPD care in high secondary care admission practices.
- Improvement in referrals to Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services.
- Improved data quality and capture within the member practices.
- A legacy has been left for continued COPD management by practices.
For further information please contact
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/PPM/0069a/10(1) Archived 2015.