NHS East Midlands and GSK
Joint Working Agreement
NHS East Midlands and GlaxoSmithKline are engaged in Joint Working to enhance the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to a standard of care defined by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence).Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from May 2011 – October 2012.
The objective of this Joint Working project is twofold:
- To accelerate NHS East Midlands capability to implement the NICE COPD Guideline 2010
- To improve quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within a PBC group.
It is designed to support:
- Mapping of the burden of disease and current service provision in NHS East Midlands
- Development of a bespoke project plan for the implementation of the East Midlands COPD strategy
- To develop a best practice tool kit to use within the CCG
- The promotion of disease prevention and the earlier identification of patients with COPD through healthcare professional education
- Accurate diagnosis and classification of disease with access to high quality information
- Prevention of COPD exacerbations through increased patient review and appropriate use of medications in line with NICE guidance.
- Improving the quality of COPD referrals to secondary care and community teams
- Equitable, cost effective service delivery across all practices in the PBC group
For further information please contact
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre on: 0800 221 441.
UK/PPM/0104a/11(2) Archived 2015.