StHealth Practice Based Commissioning Consortium and GlaxoSmithKline
Joint Working Agreement
StHealth Practice Based Commissioning Consortium and GlaxoSmithKline UK (GSK) working jointly to improve the quality of life for the asthma patients within member practices.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from November 2010 to April 2012.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve quality and productivity in the management of patients by ensuring a proactive approach to the management of asthma patients within the StHealth consortium.
This project is designed to support:
- Correct diagnosis of asthma
- Proactive approach to the management of asthma in Primary Care which will result in healthcare delivered closer to home
- Increased patient review and appropriate use of medications in line with British Thoracic Society / Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (BTS / SIGN) guidelines
- A reduction in the need for unscheduled care
- Improved quality and appropriateness of referrals to specialist care
- Improved symptom control, outcomes and quality of life for breathless patients
- Equity of service delivery across all practices within the StHealth consortium
- The raised profile of asthma throughout the StHealth consortium.
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer contact centre on: 0800 221 441
UK/PPM/0065/10(2) Archived 2015.