Durham Dales Health and GSK (COPD)
Durham Dales Health and GlaxoSmithKline are engaged in Joint Working to enhance the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to a standard of care defined by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence).
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from April 2011 to June 2013.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within the consortium.
It is designed to support:
- Improved quality of life for COPD patients
- The promotion of disease prevention and the earlier identification of patients with COPD through healthcare professional education.
- Accurate diagnosis and classification of disease with access to high quality information.
- Prevention of COPD exacerbations through increased patient review and appropriate use of medications in line with NICE COPD Guideline 2010.
- Improving the quality of COPD referrals to secondary care and community teams.
- A reduced need for unscheduled care
- Equitable, cost effective service delivery across all practices in the consortium.
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/PPM/0016a/12(1) Archived 2015.