Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, MSK Directorate, Newcastle Bridges Clinical Commissioning Group and GlaxoSmithKline
Joint Working Summary
Joint Working Project between Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, MSK Directorate, Newcastle Bridges Clinical Commissioning Group and GlaxoSmithKline UK Limited working together to improve the effectiveness of the osteoporosis treatment.
Potential Benefits to Patients
- Patients identified as at risk of fracture are reviewed and those diagnosed with osteoporosis are managed appropriately in line with national guidance
- All patients with osteoporosis in the 3 practices will have either a notes review or a review with a Healthcare Professional
- Patients who have discontinued medication with or without consultation will have the opportunity for a review and where appropriate identified for further appropriate treatment
- Anticipated improvement in quality of life, through fewer fractures
- Improved patient experience
- A redesigned patient care pathway may offer patients the potential for care closer to home.
Start date of Project October 2011
Completion date Proposed June 2013
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact no. +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/COM/0056/13(1) Archived 2015.