Cwm Taf Health Board and GlaxoSmithKline Joint Working Agreement
Cwm Taf Health Board and GSK working jointly to educate Healthcare Professionals to teach effective, sustainable inhaler technique to adult patients with asthma and/or COPD.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from September 2012 – June 2014.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve inhaler technique for patients with asthma and/or COPD and thereby improving the management of their condition.
The certified inhaler technique educational programme delivered by the Welsh Centre for Pharmacy Professional Education is designed to support:
- Improving the quality of life, symptom control and healthcare outcomes for patients.
- Increasing patient understanding of respiratory medicines and aid self management
- Ensuring maximum value from the investment in respiratory medicines
- Reducing emergency admissions for asthma
- Building and Improving closer working between primary, community and secondary care
For further information please contact
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/PPM/0038a/12(2) Archived 2015.