NHS Lanarkshire and GlaxoSmithKline
Joint Working Project Executive Summary
NHS Lanarkshire and GlaxoSmithKline are engaged in Joint Working to help enhance the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) in NHS Lanarkshire to a standard of care defined by National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Guideline for COPD 2010.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from May 2012 – June 2014.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to help achieve a consistent and evidence based approach to the management of patients with COPD across all participating GP practices in NHS Lanarkshire.
It is designed to support:
- A structured and standardised COPD review in line with NICE COPD Guideline 2010
- Management of COPD exacerbations through improved treatment and follow-up of patients
- Patient education on how to recognise worsening symptoms prior to exacerbations of their COPD
- Introduction of self management plans to appropriate patients
- A structured educational programme tailored to individual practice needs
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
UK/MA/0008a/12(2) Archived 2015.