Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - Cyber Security
Keeping our life-saving products, staff, equipment and systems safe from cyber threats is of paramount importance to GSK.
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to create the cyber security engineers of the future, providing you with the opportunity to develop an understanding of cyber security threats, how we manage the hazards and control the risks.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- a Level 4 Higher apprenticeship standard – the equivalent of a foundation degree. If you show the qualities, we are looking for you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a degree in cyber security.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
Our Cyber security apprenticeship runs for three years. In the first year, you’ll spend time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and also in the office gaining practical experience of cyber security management. Your rotations may include time in one of our near-by manufacturing sites
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Using government and vendor intelligence to identify and mitigate potential risks and threats
- Security system architecture design including defence in-depth
- Understanding the basics of cryptography
- Looking for vulnerabilities in hardware and software
- Building firewalls
- Monitoring for intrusions
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Cyber Security apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, Maths at grade 6 or above, Science at grade 5 or above, English language at grade 4 or above, plus two others grade 4 or above
- Must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels and must include Maths.
Where will you be based?
GSK House, Brentford London.
What our apprentices say about the GSK apprenticeship programme...
“I have really enjoyed finding out about all the different aspects of my apprenticeship. I was amazed at the level of responsibility I was given and feel like I am making a real difference.
“The most enjoyable part so far was probably the personal development week - it was great to do activities I never normally would and to also be around other apprentices in similar situations to me and compare all our thoughts and opinions on the apprenticeship programme.
“I have enjoyed the challenge of managing my work load to ensure I keep on top of all the college work and on top of my role at GSK. It has been a great opportunity to prove myself.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications have now closed.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at: email@example.com or call 01635 279808 (+44 1635 279808 outside of UK)