Finance (Accounting) Apprenticeship
If you have a passion for business, building relationships and ambition to achieve a professional qualification, our apprenticeship is a great entry point for a successful career in finance.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
- You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training and training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
- You’ll be working towards level 4 Professional Accounting certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
- To accelerate your knowledge in finance, we will provide you with fully sponsored CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification. CIMA is an internationally recognised professional qualification that offers specialist management accounting qualification, which makes it the best accountancy qualification for those who know that they would like to work in the world of business and management like GSK is.
What will you do?
You will do two different 12-month rotations, working in one of our finance teams with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development. Your duties might include:
- Assisting with financial processes and period end close duties.
- Dealing with internal or external customer queries.
- Identifying and resolving issues using agreed processes or escalating as appropriate.
- Reviewing accounting documents, producing routine reports and summaries for management as required
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your financial knowledge and skills to enable GSK’s business to achieve the best in innovation, performance and trust.
- Using numbers to provide unique perspective and independent viewpoint to drive decision making and strategy across GSK’s operations
- Earning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Shaping your own development and choosing courses in line with your needs and interests
- Learning new skills and concepts
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship off boarding to a permanent role in finance and the opportunity to complete further fully sponsored study to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant after your apprenticeship, the equivalent of a Master's degree.
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Finance apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (grades or equivalent) at grades 5 or higher which must include English Language (not literature) and Maths at grade 5 or above.
- Must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 120 UCAS points from top three A-levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies (300 UCAS points in the previous system)
- STEM subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry, or Computer Science, or Economics etc. may be considered as an additional preference.
- You cannot be a graduate or already hold a Level 4 qualification for the Finance Apprenticeship (i.e. AAT, CIMA, CIPFA, HNC, HND, Foundation Degree etc)
Where will you be based?
The programme runs in our West London offices at GSK House (Brentford, UK).
What our apprentices say about the Finance apprenticeship...
“GSK is an amazing company where you feel valued even as an apprentice. The company helps you unlock your potential by different challenges every day.”
“I have learnt multiple, technical new skills to do with finance but also developed my interpersonal skills and confidence levels”
“I feel valued because my manager gives me useful feedback and involves me in multiple high-profile tasks”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start in September every year.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully-sponsored nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications now closed.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at UK.email@example.com