Human Resources apprenticeship
Human resources (HR) is about equipping our business with the right people and the right skills to help our customers and patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Your apprenticeship within our HR Support Centre (HRSC) will give you the fantastic opportunity to build your HR knowledge and capabilities as you work on tasks and projects across the whole employee life cycle. You will work collaboratively within the HRSC team and with all GSK stakeholders, ensuring that the customer receives excellent service from us.
Your rotation in the different roles within the HRSC, partnered with you studying towards a fully funded level 3 CIPD qualification will allow you to build a solid foundation knowledge across the HR spectrum.
What does a human resources apprenticeship involve?
You will be part of a team which supports our UK employees with their HR queries and changes.
Day to day activities might include:
- Review and process transactions in our HR Information System -Workday
- Processing of employee data for the entire life cycle of an employee whether they are a new hire, transfer or leaver to ensure the transaction is completed “Right First Time” and in a timely manner
- Supporting company projects and initiatives
- Working on local HR systems and building your knowledge of using these tools
- Providing support through live chat, phone, web submit or email
- Addressing complex requests and problem solving
- High level of independence, organising your time and priorities
- Research and proactive management of cases
- Effectively working as part of a OneHR team
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The HR apprenticeship is a 3 year programme where you will rotate through three 12 month rotations within our HR Support Centre alongside studying towards a Level 3 CIPD qualification.
You will be supported by a dedicated line manager and you will attend workshops and webinars; as well as completing online learning to build the skills and knowledge you will need throughout your apprenticeship, as well as your future career.
During the apprenticeship you will gain the knowledge, skills and experience to become an effective HR professional.
What do I need to apply?
We are looking for analytical thinkers and good communicators who have excellent time management skills and are able to move their own projects and tasks forward.
To be eligible for our human resources advanced apprenticeship, you will need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades 9-5 or A*-C (in pre-2017 tariff) including English language (not literature) and Maths
You will be working within a confidential environment and it is essential that you act with integrity and are able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Where would I be based?
This apprenticeship is based in Uxbridge at our Stockley Park office.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our Apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How can I apply?
Applications for 2018 are now closed.
You can register your interest for 2019.