Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - Manufacturing
Our manufacturing apprenticeship is designed to create the manufacturing technicians of the future. As a manufacturing apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to operate the systems and equipment that produce our pharmaceutical products - from chemical processing to tablet and syrup manufacturing or pharmaceutical packaging.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications - a level 3 NVQ / SVQ qualification and an HNC with the potential to go on to further study.
Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
During the apprenticeship you will study the theory of pharmaceutical production, first touch engineering and lean manufacturing as well as safety and risk management. You will complete a series of on-site job rotations, learning how to operate the different equipment that makes our pharmaceutical products.
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a manufacturing team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Learning how to operate equipment in the manufacture and packaging of our pharmaceutical products
- First touch engineering - root causing and solving breakdowns
- Data collection, analysis and trending to identify improvement opportunities
- Improvement projects
- Learning about the functions that support manufacturing (Laboratory, engineering, logistics & scheduling)
- Assisting in new product and equipment introductions
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our manufacturing apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- To have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade 5-9 (C or above), including Maths and a Science.
- You must have/be predicted English Language (not Literature) at grade 4 or above.
Where will you be based?
You will be based at one of our manufacturing sites - Barnard Castle, Ulverston or Ware.
When you apply; you will choose the site you want to apply to.
What our apprentices say about the Manufacturing apprenticeship…
“Working at GSK is fantastic! I am very happy to come into work every day and work alongside exceptionally talented people. I have been given so many opportunities during my apprenticeship and I am excited for what the future holds”.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully sponsored nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications now closed.
Applications for Barnard Castle open until 14th February – Apply today
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at UK.email@example.com