Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - Manufacturing
Our manufacturing apprenticeship is designed to create the manufacturing technicians of the future. As a manufacturing apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to operate the systems and equipment that produce our pharmaceutical products - from chemical processing to tablet and syrup manufacturing or pharmaceutical packaging.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications- working towards a level 3 NVQ / SVQ qualification and an HNC with the potential to go on to further study.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
During the apprenticeship you will study the theory of pharmaceutical production, first touch engineering and lean manufacturing as well as safety and risk management. You will complete a series of on-site job rotations, learning how to operate the different equipment that makes our pharmaceutical products.
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a manufacturing team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Root causing problems
- Supporting manufacturing processes
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our manufacturing apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- England: to have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C (4/5) or above, including Maths, English Language (not literature) and a Science subject.
- Montrose, Scotland: to have achieved/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 Scottish National 5 at grade A-C (or 5 Standard Grades at grades 1-3) including Maths, English and a Science subject.
- Irvine, Scotland: to have achieved/predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 Scottish National 5 at grade A-C (or 5 Standard Grades at grades 1-3) or equivalent including Maths, English and a Science subject. Plus one Scottish Higher grade (A-C) pass preferably in Maths or a Science.
Where will you be based?
At one of the following GSK manufacturing sites - Montrose, Irvine, Barnard Castle or Ware.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications are now closed.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at: email@example.com or call 01635 279808 (+44 1635 279808 outside of UK)