Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - Pharmaceutical Science
Making sure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose is an essential role in our business. This latest apprenticeship from GSK provides technical capabilities in the manufacture, support and troubleshooting of new and existing drug products produced at our pharmaceutical production sites. You will develop, execute and complete technical projects, resolve drug product related production and laboratory issues and look to continuously improve existing processes all of which are important steps in the supply chain, demonstrating that we are actively improving the quality of our customers’ lives by consistently delivering products of the highest possible quality.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications- a foundation degree in Applied Chemical Science, through a combination of distance learning and college attendance. And, if you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a full degree
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
You will be aligned to one of our manufacturing sites, combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- Being part of a team introducing new equipment or processes
- Writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
- Running project meetings
- Finding the root cause of problems
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Gaining an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety
- Gaining an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Developing an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Pharmaceutical Science apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades 9-5 (A*-C) including English Language (not Literature), Science and Maths
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
- A Level Chemistry at grade C or above
Where will you be based?
The 2021 programme will be based at Ware.
What our apprentices say about the Pharmaceutical Science apprenticeship...
“Since I started as a Pharma Tech apprentice I have enjoyed looking into all of the different roles that GSK offer to people and gaining a greater understanding of how the site runs on a day to day basis.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices typically start in September.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at UK.email@example.com