Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – Project Planning
Our Project Planning higher apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in planning and delivering a wide range of projects in support of our business strategy.
The successful planning and execution of projects is a critical part of helping our business to grow and meet our customers’ needs. As a Project Planning apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the skills and knowledge involved in planning and executing high quality projects.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Level 4 qualification. The qualification includes a mix of examinations and competency-based coursework. For this you will be supported by a qualified assessor from the training provider, and you will attend workshops and webinars to build the skills and knowledge you will need throughout your apprenticeship, as well as your future career
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You will be part of a team which is responsible for launching new pharmaceutical products across the world. You will develop a rounded knowledge base to support all aspects of project planning.
Day to day activities can include:
- Using a mix of industry standard and GSK specific software, tools and processes to ensure projects are planned efficiently and safely
- Engaging with a wide range of people across the business
- Learning about how pharmaceutical products are made
- Developing and maintaining project plans
- Tracking project delivery against milestones and resource reporting
- Collating timesheets and charging time accordingly to projects
- Spend tracking and reporting
- Collating and reporting metrics for the site
Key to these activities are the use of programmes such as Excel, MS Access and other Microsoft Office applications.
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Project Planning apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above including English language (not literature) and maths
- Must have or be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (not including General studies)
We’re looking for a Project Planning apprentice who is a logical thinker with an enquiring mind and looking to work as part of a team.
Where will you be based?
The apprenticeship is based at our Barnard Castle Site.
What our apprentices say about the Project Planning apprenticeship...
“I’ve found GSK a great place to learn and work. It’s a positive culture to make your first steps within the business.
“There are many people to look up to within the organisation that have been through a similar learning curve, and everyone is happy to support you and help you to get the most out of your time as a GSK apprentice. “
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Unfortunately we are not opening for 2019
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01635 279808 (+44 1635 279808 outside of UK)