Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - Business and Supply Chain
Our business and supply chain apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world.
Ensuring that our products are delivered to our patients and customers when they need them is vital. As a business and supply chain apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain and play a key role in ensuring that GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- a BSc (Hons) in Professional Management Practise and complete a Level 5 Foundation degree in Professional Practise in International Trade.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You’ll also learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organise our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might include:
- Assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure key performance indicators (KPIs),
- Attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports
- Helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs
- You will also be in charge of putting together metrics for performance meetings
- As you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs A* to C (or equivalent), including Maths and English language (not literature).
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
Where will you be based?
At one of the following sites: Maidenhead, Barnard Castle or Ware
What our apprentices say about the Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship...
“Business and supply chain is a great area to work in as you are exposed to many different business functions which allows you to work with people from all over the organisation.
“Being able to play a key part in ensuring patients receive the medicine they require when they need it is a fantastic feeling and is one of the reasons I am inspired to work for GSK.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprentices start September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications are now open.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01635 279808 (+44 1635 279808 outside of UK)