Human Genetics and Functional Genomics Scientists
We’re looking for ambitious Human Genetics and Functional Genomics professionals to join GSK in a variety of therapeutic areas. For a list of current opportunities, visit our careers portal.
GSK's goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
Our approach to R&D has at its core, science related to the immune system, and will leverage human genetics, functional genomics and advanced analytics to improve the probability of successfully developing new medicines. Used on a genome-wide scale, these technologies have the power to uncover insights either previously hidden within obtainable genetic data or out of the reach of evolution. We are poised to transform drug discovery by taking a deeper look into the genetic clues behind disease, aided by large-scale genetic resources, the latest technology and advanced data science skills.
Our exclusive partnership with 23andMe gives us access to one of the largest sets of genotypic and phenotypic information. In addition, our early experience with Genomics England, UK Biobank, FinnGen, Open Targets, Altius Institute, Broad Institute and the Laboratory for Genomic Research along with our world-leading internal capabilities position GSK to be world-leaders in using human genetics and functional genomics as an integral part to drug discovery and development.
FIND A CAREER IN GENETICS OR GENOMICS WITH PURPOSE
GSK’s people are essential to our success. We need a talented, motivated and resilient workforce if we are to deliver against our strategy and tackle global health challenges effectively. To achieve this, we aim to create a working environment where employees feel valued, respected, empowered and inspired.
OUR CULTURE SUPPORTING YOUR FUTURE
If you share our priorities of innovation, performance and trust and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients, then we'd love to hear from you. We can offer you a collaborative and learning environment, where you will be supported with development opportunities and a brilliant work/life balance.
Due to our new approach to R&D we have a number of newly created positions across the areas of Human Genetics and Functional Genomics where we will be recruiting for scientists. Our teams are based at our key R&D sites Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA and in Stevenage, Hertfordshire near London.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
- Work in an environment where you realise your full potential
- Achieve your career ambitions
- Be proud of the difference you can make for patients world-wide
- Be well rewarded in terms of professional development, pay and benefits
If you are an expert in one of the fields below, we have a role for you. Our vacancies regularly include opportunities for:
|Human Genetics:||Functional Genomics:|
|Computational Biologists||Gene Editing and Cell & Tissue Sciences Experts|
|Statistical Geneticists||Computational Biologists|
|Genomic Data Scientists|
- Search for GSKGenetics to become a part of the GSK team in the US or the UK.
Find out more about Human Genetics and Functional Genomics at GSK
- ASHG partners with GSK to foster workforce diversity and inclusion in Genetics and Genomics
- 23andMe and GSK Head to Clinical Trials With Cancer Drug
- GlaxoSmithKline taps UC’s CRISPR expertise to speed drug discovery
- Nature: An Audience with Hal Barron
- You, me and 23andMe: discovering new medicines through genetics
- GSK R&D Chief Hal Barron Lays Out New R&D Strategy Focused on Genetics and Immune-System
- If we map the genetics of a disease, could we change its course?
- The future of oncology at GSK
- Brainstorm Health 2019: Drug Development in the Age of A.I I Fortune
- Unravelling the mysteries of the human genome with functional genomics
Discover more about GSK - a science-led global healthcare company.