Human Genetics and Functional Genomics Scientists
We’re looking for ambitious Human Genetics and Functional Genomics professionals to join GSK in a variety of therapeutic areas.
About Human Genetics and Functional Genomics at GSK
GSK's goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
Our new approach to R&D has at its core, science related to the immune system, and will leverage human genetics, functional genomics and advanced analytics to improve the probability of successfully developing new medicines. Used on a genome-wide scale, these technologies have the power to uncover insights either previously hidden within obtainable genetic data or out of the reach of evolution. We are poised to transform drug discovery by taking a deeper look into the genetic clues behind disease, aided by large-scale genetic resources, the latest technology and advanced data science skills.
Our early experience with UKBioBank, Open Targets and The Altius Institute, and our world-leading internal capabilities position GSK to respond quickly. We recently signed an exclusive partnership with 23andMe giving us access to one of the largest sets of genotypic and phenotypic information.
FIND A CAREER IN GENETICS OR GENOMICS WITH PURPOSE
GSK’s people are essential to our success. We need a talented, motivated and resilient workforce if we are to deliver against our strategy and tackle global health challenges effectively. To achieve this, we aim to create a working environment where employees feel valued, respected, empowered and inspired.
OUR CULTURE SUPPORTING YOUR FUTURE
If you share our priorities of innovation, performance and trust and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients, then we'd love to hear from you. We can offer you a collaborative and learning environment, where you will be supported with development opportunities and a brilliant work/life balance.
Due to our new approach to R&D we have a number of newly created positions across the areas of Human Genetics and Functional Genomics where we will be recruiting for scientists. Our teams are based at our key R&D sites Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA and in Stevenage, Hertfordshire near London.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
- Work in an environment where you realise your full potential
- Achieve your career ambitions
- Be proud of the difference you can make for patients world-wide
- Be well rewarded in terms of professional development, pay and benefits
If you are an expert in one of the fields below, we have a role for you. Our vacancies regularly include opportunities for:
|Human Genetics:||Functional Genomics:|
|Computational Biologists||Gene Editing and Cell & Tissue Sciences Experts|
|Statistical Geneticists||Computational Biologists|
- Search for GSKGenetics to become a part of the GSK team in the US or the UK
Find out more about Human Genetics and Functional Genomics at GSK
- Nature: An Audience with Hal Barron
- GSK completes acquisition of TESARO, an oncology focused biopharmaceutical company
- You, me and 23andMe: discovering new medicines through genetics
- GSK and 23andMe sign agreement to leverage genetic insights for the development of novel medicines
- GSK R&D Chief Hal Barron Lays Out New R&D Strategy Focused on Genetics and Immune-System
Discover more about GSK - a science-led global healthcare company.