GlaxoSmithKline (GSK or we) value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal information is treated. We want you to understand:
- what personal information we collect about you;
- how we obtain your personal information;
- how we use your personal information;
- on what basis we use your personal information;
- how long we keep your personal information;
- with whom we share your personal information;
- the countries to which we transfer your personal information;
- how we protect your personal information; and
- your rights regarding your personal information.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the Contact us section below.
What personal information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we process includes: Name, Occupation, Business Address, Business Phone number and Business e-mail address, Registration/License to practice, prescribe or dispense medicines.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We collect your personal information through this survey, email addresses are collected beforehand through engaging directly with you
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following basis: For legitimate business purposes: to determine if GSK may engage your services bases on our internal code of practice.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law. We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving GSK.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share certain elements of your personal information with members of the GSK group of companies.
See the Protecting your personal information section below for information on how we keep your personal information secure when sharing it with others.
Transfers of yourpersonal information outside of yourhome country
Your personal information may be processed by GSK, its affiliated companies and GSK’s trusted third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses, or GSK’s Binding Corporate Rules. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here, and more information about GSK’s Binding Corporate Rules here.
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws
You may be entitled to:
- ask GSK about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where GSK is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to GSK; and
complain to your local supervisory authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’section above) or that you are unable to make use of the services and products offered by us.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch via email@example.com.
If you have questions or requests about the processing of your personal information, or need additional information, you can contact GSK’s Data Protection Officer at: UK.Ireland-CPA@gsk.com .
GlaxoSmithKline UK Limited, 980 Great West Road, Brentford Middlesex TW8 9GS England, is the controller of your personal information.