GSK IMPACT Awards
The GSK IMPACT Awards have been running since 1997 and are designed to recognise and reward charities that are doing excellent work to improve people’s health.
The GSK IMPACT Awards, run in partnership with The King’s Fund, have been rewarding community-based health and wellbeing charities for the past 23 years. By providing them with mentoring and funding, the organisations are supported to continue their outstanding work making a real difference to people’s lives.
The GSK IMPACT Awards are GSK’s flagship UK community investment programme, which form a major part of our commitment to promote community health and wellbeing.
Awards are given annually; applications are made via The King’s Fund. The awards are open to charities with an annual income of between £80,000 and £2.5 million that are at least three years old. Unlike other areas of GSK’s charitable support, these awards are unrestricted.
The name ‘IMPACT’ derives from the criteria that winners must have demonstrated in their application submissions: Innovation, Management, Partnership, Achievement, Community Focus and Targeting Need.
The benefits of winning a GSK IMPACT Award
- The winners receive £30,000 in unrestricted funding, with an overall winner receiving an extra £10,000.
- The runners up receive £3,000.
- Award winners are offered two places on a training and development programme valued at £9,500. In addition, they are invited to join the GSK IMPACT Awards Network, which connects past GSK IMPACT Award winners – both online and at meetings which encourages members to carry on supporting each other and sharing best practice.
- Promotional materials, including a short film about their work, are created for the winning organisations.
- The GSK IMPACT Awards are presented at a high-profile ceremony in central London.